Development of sustainable tourism destinations and protection of the natural environment in the Northern Periphery.
The Wild North infrastructure
- Studying the interaction between tourists and wild animals – conducted throughout the research period
- Examining the quality of the information imparted to tourists
- Education of staff and imparting knowledge
- Systematic development of products and events throughout the research period.
- Project management team composed by representatives from all participating countries
- The Icelandic Sealcenter og Æðarvarp ehf
- Húsavík Research Center, University of Iceland, Húsavík Whale Museum, North Sailing, GentleGiants
- The Icelandic foxcenter, Bolungarvík Research Centre, Náttúrustofu Vestfjarða, Borea Adventures and West Tours
- Skagaströnd Community, Náttúrustofa Norðurlands vestra and Hólar University College
- Spindaj in Norway and Norwegian Institute of Natural Research (NINA)
- SamVit at Farose islands, Faroese Fisheries Laboratory, and Vestmanna Bird Watching
- Grenlandic Institute of Natural Resources, Greenland Tourism and Business Council and some travel agencies
- Vaxtarsamningur Norðurlands vestra
- The Office of Travel Affairs (Ferðamálastofa styrkti)